Monday, June 7, 2010

D-Day, A Tardy Remembrance

I'm ashamed to admit that in the rush of starting work on a new book I entirely forgot about D-Day, June 6th. I often think of this event and wonder how I would have behaved on that fateful day. What I do know is how many others acted then, and the heroic stories available to be told from that historic occasion could serve as material for a thousand novels. There are times when life really is larger than fiction.

It's a pity there's no longer a market for them, nor much of one for the many similar acts of bravery from the current struggle against Islamism and the jihad.

Be that as it may, this is a good time to remember those heroes - some of whom survive to this day.

"Thank you" is so pitifully inadequate, but it's the very least I can offer, even a day late.

No comments: