- The undersea gusher will get plugged.
- The beaches will get cleaned up.
- Obama will take the major share of the credit.
- There will be onerous and illogical regulations put in place.
- Those regulations will not only do nothing to reduce the odds of future spills, they'll make them more likely and harder to clean up.
- The Feds will not permit drilling in safer, easier to extract and protect, easier to clean up areas.
- BP will pay out far more to politicians in the future than they already have, and the majority of the cash will go to viro-organization-friendly Democrats.
- BP will pay far more than they are liable for to all manner of individuals, many of whom are only peripherally affected at most.
- A year from now, very few people outside the southern states will care about the spill, and not many of those.
- In the coming year, Obama and his cronies will create many new, far worse crises — which partly explains the previous bullet point.
Friday, June 18, 2010
Some Predictions About the BP Oil Spill
I generally try to stay away from predicting the future. I find accurately analyzing the present challenging enough. Still, I feel I'm on pretty safe ground with the following: